From the moment you find a suitable location, design is one of the most important focal points of a project. With our 15+ years experience in the entertainment industry, we can provide design services from the preliminary site plan down to the specific laser tag area.
When we create a site plan for the space, it provides a basis for getting general contracting estimate for the build-out of the infrastructure and allows the landlord of the space (if leased) to see what you intend to do, which will help you negotiate for tenant improvement monies to help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. It also creates a platform for your local architect to work from to develop the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural requirements for the site to meet local building codes.
- Facility requirements: identify each area intended, adjacencies and estimated square foot needs
- Provide “test fits” to the proposed site/lease spaces under consideration and evaluate their suitability to meet the facility requirements (sizing, heights, improvements, renovations, utilities, etc.)
- Determine operational assumptions that may affect layout
- Create a draft floor plan to understand area relationships for further analysis
- Provide some general project specifications for the attractions based on information received from product/service vendors
- Answer your questions on other relevant items concerning the project
As a reminder, we work on Site Designs that have a large laser tag arena component within them. If you have a site exceeding 15,000 square feet and are going more towards a full family entertainment center with 4 or more attractions, we can lead you in the right direction with trusted partners of ours that have been in the industry and work on projects larger in scope.
Once a draft of the overall layout has been created, we can focus in on the laser tag area itself to ensure it's maximized from a build-out cost perspective, an operational efficiency perspective, as well as a theming and décor perspective. Over the years, we have seen many sites come and go. There are many reasons why this has been the case including: poor execution of the business, improper development of the playing fields, overall appearance of the facility, and lack of efficiencies in their operating and marketing programs. Additionally there is a great propensity of failures according to historical research when field designs are “home-built” and/or designed and painted by artists hired out.
If you are doing a laser tag attraction as an anchor attraction or an add-on, attraction-specific design is important to consider. With over 15 years of experience in an industry that has seen many vendors come and go, we have been a foundation for those looking to open this attraction. As the largest independent arena design and build firm in the world, we offer a host of services to meet your needs:
- Arena requirements: identify player capacity, height requirements for a play structure, base configurations for strategic team play and additional target considerations
- Provide “test fits” (if applicable) to the proposed area for the upper level play structure platform(s) and the ramps leading up to them
- Determine ADA (American Disability Act) requirements that may affect layout
- Discuss theming/decor options and narrow down options for the area (we have several “off-the-shelf” themes)
- Playing field barrier placement and sizing
- Exiting and means of egress considerations
- Traffic flow and area utilization
- Playability and customer safety
- Existing physical infrastructure within area
- Briefing room placement and sizing
- Vesting room placement and sizing
- Control area placement and sizing
- General build-out recommendations for the attraction
- Paint finishes and coloring options
- Flooring finishes and coloring options
- Sound requirements and dampening considerations
- Electrical specifications for the outlets and switches for the various areas
- Fogger and hazer considerations for the space related to prepping for their placement
- Lighting and illumination considerations for UV fluorescent and regular fluorescent lighting
- Wall finishes and protection options
Contact us for more details and to answer your questions.
Call us at 317-834-4770 or go to our CONTACT PAGE